So, I had some time with Jesus this morning. I was reminded of how in Baptism we go from death into life. I've had so much in the way of destructive thought patterns - but I want these go die. And so I spent time praying that these would die, and that by identifying with the resurrection of Jesus, I could find life.
And so now I'm trying not to spend more than a few seconds dwelling on these thoughts. I want to dwell on God's heart for humanity: to act justly, love mercy and walk humbly with our God. Even the struggle I have with OCD - dwelling on this struggle often leads me to then dwell on the thoughts itself - i'm trying not to dwell on for more than five seconds.
I definitely need the Spirit's help. But then, He's a faithful Father.
No comments:
Post a Comment